Outdoor lighting systems can, with little effort or expense, transform your property. They can take your home from ordinary to extraordinary. At Andy’s Sprinkler, we can take your vision and turn it into spectacular reality. Before you commit to a particular system, however, there are a few things you need to keep in mind so that you make the best possible choice.
What Kind of Lighting Do You Want?
Outdoor lighting systems can be designed to fit whatever needs you may have. Here are some different options.
- If you want to illuminate areas such as your deck, driveway or garage, then you’ll want a stronger wattage light. Typically, 120-volt lights are used for these kinds of areas.
- For areas like pathways, such as from your front door to your sidewalk, 15-volt lighting should get the job done nicely. This wattage will also work if you want to accent a garden or shine a light on a tree.
- Smaller wattages are also good for lighting your garage or driveway entrance.
Another important consideration is the design of your lighting. This is where a professional can help you make the right choices.
Different types of lights used in outdoor lighting systems include:
- Lanterns around doorways
- Flood lights for larger areas such as decks or large trees
- Path lights for walkways
- Spotlights for shrubs
- Hanging lights for entryways and porches
If you would like any help with your design, the professionals with Andy’s Sprinkler are experts in several different types of outdoor lighting systems. Give us a call at 214-389-3412 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.