UPDATED APRIL 7, 2020 AT 8:00am CST
CALL US TODAY TO BOOK YOUR SERVICE!
Recent ordinances in several Texas counties have mandated all non-essential businesses to “Stay Home, Work Safe”. To clear up any confusion, residential home services are considered essential, which includes Andy’s. And don’t forget about our additional safety measures, and our Zero Contact Service Call, to help keep you and your family safe during these challenging times with COVID-19.
To schedule your appointment, give us a call or submit your appointment request here.
DETAILS ON ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES
Recent “Stay Home, Work Safe” ordinances have mandated that only essential businesses and their employees may operate during this time. According to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency’s “Memorandum on Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During COVID-19 Response”, under the “Public Works” sector, residential service contractors are defined as essential:
Workers such as plumbers, electricians, exterminators, and other service providers who provide services that are necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences (are considered part of the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce).
As a residential service provider, Andy’s Sprinkler, Drainage, and Lighting is considered an essential business. Along with office support staff and a call center, Andy’s employs irrigators that are licensed under the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ). The purpose of the TCEQ licensing (among other important functions) is to protect the integrity of residential and commercial water supply and management in Texas. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Proper installation, maintenance, and repair of critical components in a sprinkler system that prevent non-potable water from entering safe water supplies.
- Repair / replace faulty system components to reduce water waste.
- Provide 24/7 Emergency Shut-Off Service to homes and business to minimize the severe water waste that can occur with a faulty system.
- Install, maintain, and repair/replace legally required Rain & Freeze sensors that help minimize overwatering that can result in significant water loss and provide safety during a freeze.
- Install, maintain, and repair outdoor Drainage systems that manage excess ground water and channel that wastewater to storm drains.
All Andy’s employees are taking additional measures to protect each other within our offices, including increased cleaning frequency, limiting social exposure during work hours, and maintaining safe distances at the job site. To learn more about how Andy’s technicians are able to service your home and keep you and your family safe, please visit our COVID-19 Safety Protocol page.