How to keep your Yard maintained and beautiful this summer
A beautiful lawn increases the curb appeal and value of your property. With a few simple landscaping tips and the right watering schedule, your yard will remain healthy and vibrant throughout the hot summer months. Andy’s Sprinkler, Drainage, & Lighting Services offers you these tips to help you keep your yard attractive this summer.
Tips for Cutting
- Grass clippings can provide your lawn with important nutrients. If you’d like to use them on your lawn, first make sure that any clippings are cut down to tiny fragments that will break down quickly and feed the lawn.
- When you cut the grass, only take off one-third of the height at a time to avoid stressing the grass and to keep the clippings short.
- When mowing, change directions to avoid compacted ruts and to prevent the grass from growing in any particular direction.
Most grass does not require frequent watering, so long as when you do water it, you water deeply. This encourages deep roots and helps the grass become more resistant to heat and disease.
Investing in an automatic sprinkler system is the easiest way to ensure that you are watering the grass evenly and to closely monitor how much water is put into the lawn. A good rule of thumb is to water grass to a depth of one inch once or twice a week.
You can also use drip irrigation for gardens to put the moisture at the roots of your plants, where it’s needed the most.
Some weeds are going to happen, so you should be prepared to have a few weeds. To remove them, follow these simple tips.
- Weeds should be dug up by hand to avoid damaging the soil.
- Keep your turf longer so the grass will naturally crowd out weeds.
- Cut the grass often to limit weed growth.
- Apply corn gluten meal to the soil in the spring and fall to naturally deter weeds.
Allow a Dallas sprinkler company like Andy’s to make lawn maintenance easier for you this year. With our help, you can rest assured that you achieve perfect watering levels throughout the season. You will save money on your water bill and your grass will be lush and healthy.
Call Andy’s Sprinkler, Drainage, & Lighting Services at 972-418-6998 if you are ready to make this investment and enjoy a healthier, more attractive lawn for your Dallas home.