Best Channel Drain Systems Services
Channel or French drains are concrete or steel drains used to evacuate a sheet of surface water rapidly. These systems are made for efficiency and durability, giving a residential lawn drainage system the strength of an industrial drainage system.
Uses of Channel Drainage Systems
- Swimming pools
- Tennis courts
Most often, channel drainage is used for driveway drainage.
Catch basins are an important component in most drainage systems. The catch basin draws in surface water and allows it to flow through the drainage system.
Catch basins are also equipped with an area to collect debris, thus preventing clogged drainage pipes. Their wide sloping inlet can ensure that water can be diverted away from the problem areas into the drainage systems.
The final component of the drainage system is grating. Grates are metal or plastic covers that hide a catch basin and keeps debris from entering the drain system. These grates can be customized to fit your decor. Whether it’s a pretty pattern around your pool, or a color to blend in with the landscape, Andy’s has you covered.
Channel Drain Systems Advantages
By using a channel drain instead of strategically-placed point drains, you can reduce or eliminate standing water and heavy run-off. We live in the area, and the weather changes from moment to moment. It could be completely clear with bright sunshine, then a torrential thunderstorm the very same afternoon. All that rainfall has to go somewhere. If you do not have drainage, it sits on your lawn, wreaking havoc on your plants, trees, and grass. Consider the advantages of a channel drainage system:
- Easy to Design – A channel drain system does not typically have a complicated layout. Conflicts with the underground service pipes/cables are easily avoided with an experienced engineer and technician on the team.
- Access and Maintenance – Performing maintenance on a channel drain system is simple. A professional can clean out the entire system of accumulated debris in an hour or two.
- Aesthetic – A professionally designed channel drain system is visually appealing. These systems are built for walkways, patios, and swimming pools, after all!
Channel Drain Systems Maintenance
Every system in our homes should be maintained to achieve top efficiency. Without proper maintenance, we run the risk of costly repairs, foul odors, and lowered productivity. For the discerning homeowner, none of that will suffice. At Andy’s Sprinkler, Drainage & Lighting, we provide channel drain systems maintenance to keep your investment in top shape. Consider a regular maintenance schedule to ensure your channel drain achieves optimal performance.
Channel drains are simple to clean and maintain. Depending on the material, water and soap are often enough to clean the entire system. Most channel drains have removable debris catches, allowing them to be popped open and scooped out with ease. Over time, the pipe will capture leaves, silt, and debris. This accumulation could clog the drain if it is not cleaned thoroughly. You’ll then have water backed up and causing problems. For top performance, always schedule maintenance. Don’t let your investment sit idly by without care!
Channel Drain Systems Cost
Homeowners are always interested in cost. Think of the investment for a moment. By investing in a channel drainage system, you cut down on landscape maintenance, repairs, and structural damage to your property. It is an investment that directly affects costs elsewhere. You cannot put a price on those savings. Furthermore, channel drains are aesthetically pleasing. You’re adding function and appearance in one package.
At Andy’s Sprinkler, Drainage & Lighting, we put forth exceptional craftsmanship for each job. We never skimp on materials or quality. In fact, we only work with manufacturers that we have vetted. When considering cost, we’ll provide you with a full quote before any work even begins. You’ll have an opportunity to approve the job or wait. The choice is yours to make.
How Channel Drain Systems Are Effective for Your Landscape
The channel drain is becoming increasingly more common in the community. Homeowners and local businesses are installing channel drains to remove excess water with ease. The system is sloped, allowing water runoff to be whisked away from vital areas of the property. With the ease of installation (channel drains can be installed in new construction or as retrofits) there has never been a better time to invest in drainage.
- Maintena,nce: A channel drain is easily cleaned and maintained. The entire system can be cleaned using water, as access to the pipes is simple. Furthermore, grass can be planted along the sides to help prevent erosion.
- Surface Drainage: With our installation method, channel drains collect more silt and rubbish than other types of drainage systems. Pollutants are also easily broken down in the water.
- Cost: Investing in drainage is a smart move. The cost for channel drains is easily overcome, however, because our initial investment is worth the money, as maintenance is simple and cost-effective.
For more about channel drainage systems, call our expert drainage technicians.