Expert Sump Pump Installation in Your Home
Drainage Solutions for Your Lawn & Foundation Using Sump Pumps
If you have a flat yard or one that slopes downward, it is likely that you will experience problems such as standing water, a soggy lawn or even flooding. Many foundations sit where parts of the house are below the water level, and simply water from sprinklers can build up causing damage.
As a solution to this problem, our drainage experts can install a sump pump. Sump pumps are generally hardwired into a home’s electrical system and pump water away from the home to a safe place like a dry well or a municipal storm drain.
How Do Sump Pumps Work?
Sump pumps contain a sump basin which collects water around the foundation or in the basement of a home. Using either electricity or a pressurized water supply, it then sends the water away from the house by pumping it into a dry well or municipal storm drain.
Types of Sump Pumps
- Pedestal: With this pump, the motor is mounted above the sump, making for easier service.
- Submersible: This is entirely mounted inside the sump, and this type of pump can be completely submersed. The pump is sealed to prevent short circuits.
Sump Pump Installation Process
An outdoor sump pump is designed to collect water around your foundation. Sump pumps are especially designed for a sloped yard, where issues with standing water or flooding are commonplace. If your foundation sits below the water level, as is common in the area, you’ll want to consider some form of drainage. A sump pump is an excellent solution.
At Andy’s Sprinkler, Drainage & Lighting, we take installation seriously. We bring in college-educated engineers and installation experts to design and implement a new drainage system. A vital part of the sump pump is the discharge line. The line must be installed away from the home, allowing water to flow freely away from the structure. Our installation process is as follows:
- Location – Location is critical. The system must be installed below water level, where it can do the most good. The pipe must then lead away from your property to a safe location.
- Gravel – With a proper hole dug and the sump pump installed, we fill in the area with more gravel or soil, leaving one to two inches on top.
- Check Valve – A check valve, located on the discharge line, helps prevent backflow and therefore water damage.
Expert Sump Pump Installation
A sump pump is often the first line of defense against significant water damage and flooding on your property. When installed by professionals, the sump pump removes excess water away from relevant areas of your landscape, including gardens and the foundation. With the water whisked away, you can worry less about water damage.
When investing in a drainage system, always opt for professional service. With landscaping, you genuinely get what you pay for. Never choose the cheapest quote. A sump pump is a complex system, and if it is installed improperly, you’ll end up paying for the damages, repairs, and perhaps a replacement pump, too. Andy’s Sprinkler, Drainage & Lighting ensures that never happens. We take immense care when performing any installation. From the check valve to the discharge line outlet, we sometimes triple-check our calculations and designs for the highest efficiency. You deserve the best!